BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Evil, Time-Consuming Virtual Hobbies

One of my biggest pet peeves on Facebook is its seemingly endless supply of useless apps, and an even more endless barrage of app invites.

"You've been poked! Poke me back!"


"Someone se
nt you a bumper sticker! Accept?"

I need to stop. It's just making me upset.

So, one day, I catch my girlfriend fiddle farting around on a well-known app called Farm Town. I scoff, of course. But somehow, by some freaky twist of fate, it lures me in! Not only did it have me by the ovaries, but I managed to convince an unfortunate many to follow suit.

Below are screen shots of my farm as it has morphed and blossomed into the time-waster that it has become today.

DAY 1.5
Day 4

Day 10

Present Day
I totally understand that there is no real-life significance to what you see here, but for some strange reason.... it's fun? It's certainly harmless. I mean it sure beats shooting up heroin. I don't do that, I'm just sayin.

For those of you on Facebook that have the Farm Town app, or will shortly after concluding this blog, find me using email addy LynneMartin@gmail.com ....and when you add me as a friend, also add me as a neighbor.

That is all.

0 comments: